Maryam Bashir Mukhtar-Shagari (Mrs.)
Maryam Bashir Mukhtar-Shagari was admitted to the Nigerian bar in 1986. A seasoned legal practitioner with over three decades of vast experience in both the public and private sectors. A seasoned lawyer who rose from the position of State Counsel, Senior State Counsel, Director Research Planning & Statistics, Director Administration General and Public Trustee with the Sokoto State Ministry of Justice.
- Appointed Company Secretary and Legal Adviser Sakkwato Savings and Loans Limited, Sokoto State.
- Senior Analyst (Legal Adviser), and Investment Executive at Standard Trust Bank.
- Presently the Principal Counsel M. B. Kangiwa & Associates.
- She holds a Postgraduate Diploma from Cambridge University, United Kingdom, and was admitted to the Nigeria Bar in 1986, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, Lagos.
- She is a member of the following Professional Bodies:
- Member Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)
- Member International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member, Federal International D Abogades (FIDA)
- Executive Member, Africa Civil Societies
- Member, Real Estate Association Nigeria (REAN)